Tuesday, March 11, 2014

YummY! - Egg Tarts @ Jia Kampar Restuarant

You are at - Jotaro's Blog  / FootSteps / YummY! / Desserts & Drinks / Egg Tarts  @ Jia Kampar Restaurant
                            YummY!                                              Jotaro's Food Review          
EGG TARTS @ JIA KAMPAR RESTAURANT
Kampar, Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia - March, 2014
I am back in Kampar, and am visiting again Jia Kampar Restaurant again. As promised in my blog on the Char Siew Buns sold here, I will tell you of their egg tarts. The boss lady had offered me a free sampling while I was buying those Char Siew Buns and I found that to be delicious and told her I will be back!
For a small town, Kampar has lots of good food. At it's old town I had savoured some unique good green tea tofu (... see Kam Ling blog).

Like the Char Siew Buns, these egg tarts are sold from a stall on the pavement at the front of the restaurant.

Me and my friends bought altogether forty of these tarts to take away; I myself got ten to take home and share with my family. As can be seen from the photo above, the crust at the sides are fairly thick.

The tart is filled with a thick layer of egg custard, while the crust at the bottom is thinner. The custard is adequately sweet but slightly firmer than other egg tarts. The crust while crispy seems to lack that buttery flavour. I tried toasting it in my mini-toater/oven; still the same - don't taste or smell the butter.
Odd. It tasted better when I tried the free sample. Perhaps they have reduced the amount of butter used; or perhaps food tastes better when free *grins*
Still, these are one of the better ones that I have tried.

RESTORAN JIA KAMPAR
Address : 9 & 11, Jalan Masjid, Kampar,
Perak, Malaysia.
Tel: +605-4563 988, +6012-555 3593 (Ah Fun)
Fax: +605-4564 094
GPS : 4.314702, 101.151085
Hours: 11 am to 2 pm & 6 pm to 10 pm


You may also like :







YummY! - Penang Chendul @ Penang Road, Penang

Malaysia - Street Art of George Town, Penang : December 3rd 2012


You are at - Jotaro's Blog  / FootSteps / YummY! / Desserts & Drinks / Egg Tarts  @ Jia Kampar Restaurant
If you like this, view my other blogs at Jotaro's Blog
(comments most welcomed. if you like this pls share via facebook or twitter)

No comments:

Post a Comment