Footsteps - Jotaro's Travels
NZ Dundein Art Gallery: Mythos
Dunedin, South Island, New Zealand - November 2014
|Mars Dismissed By Minerva|
- Engraving by Italian Agostino Carracci (16th Century) after a painting by Italian Jacopo Tintoretto (16th Century).
These are photos from the Dunedin Public Art Gallery which I visited during a cycling trip down to New Zealand (see Cycling New Zealand 2014 blog). The artwork here are from the "Mythos" section.The photos are put here for your viewing enjoyment, but as I have always mentioned, photos of artwork does not do them justice. Go to the gallery itself to get an actual "feel" of the painting - it's colours, size and texture may be lost in photos.
Apollo's Destruction Of The Greeks
- Watercolor by Scottish William Marshall Craig (19th Century).
The Death Of Dido
- Etching by Italian Stefano Della Bella (1660).
Romulus & Remus
- Etching by Italian Annibale Carracci (16th Century).
Cephalus Mourning The Death Of Procris
- Engraving by Italian Giorgio Ghisi (16th Century).
Apollo And Marsyas
- Engraving by Italian Master Of The Die after the painting by Italian Sanzio Raphael (16th Century).
Europa Leading The Bull
- Etching by Italian Stefano Della Bella (17th Century).
Hero And Leander
- Steel engraving by English Francis Engleheart after the painting by English Henry Howard (1829).
Ino And Bacchus
- Engraving by British William Roffe after the sculpture by Irish John Foley (1829).
Venus And Adonis
- Engraving by Italian Luigi Pellegrino Scaramuccia after painting by Italian Annibale Carracci (17th Century).
Birth Of Adonis
- Etching by French Jean Le Pautre (17th Century).
- Etching by Dutch Cornelis Bloemaert II after painting by Italian Sanzio Raphael (17th Century).
Narcissus In A Storm
- Lithograph on paper by Australian Arthur Boyd (20th Century).
Leda And The Swan
- Lithograph by Australian Sidney Nolan (20th Century).
- Engraving by unknown artist.
Shown above are paintings from the "Mythos" section of the gallery, to see artwork from other sections on title below:
- Dunedin Public Art Gallery.
DUNEDIN PUBLIC ART GALLERY
30 The Octagon, Dunedin, 9016, New Zealand. Tel.:+64 3-474 3240
Hours: Daily 10:00am to 5:00pm (closed on Christmas Day)
Website: http://dunedin.art.museum/ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DunedinArtGallery
Related Blogs :
You may also like :
|Gallery - Street Art of Gopeng, Perak : July 2014 |
The street art culture is spreading and is now budding in Gopeng.
|Gallery - KevinTheBigCity Tattoos, Kuala Lumpur : July 2014|
A look at a young man's simple but meaningful tattoos.
|Malaysia - Street Art of Ipoh, Perak : May 2014 |
Street art is slowing but surely blooming in Ipoh.
|Sizzling Pork Satay @ Kong Heng Restaurant|