You are at - Jotaro's Blog / Footsteps / NZ 2014 - Art Gallery / NZ Dunedin Art Gallery / Parallel Play
Footsteps - Jotaro's Travels
NZ Dundein Art Gallery: Parallel Play
Dunedin, South Island, New Zealand - November 2014
|Yudi Y Moro|
- Water colour & body colour by New Zealander Frances Hodgkins (c.1936).
These are photos from the Dunedin Public Art Gallery which I visited during a cycling trip down to New Zealand (see Cycling New Zealand 2014 blog). The artwork here are from the "Parallel Play" section.The photos are put here for your viewing enjoyment, but as I have always mentioned, photos of artwork does not do them justice. Go to the gallery itself to get an actual "feel" of the painting - it's colours, size and texture may be lost in photos.
- Aquatint by French Georges Rouault.
Through The Trees
- Watercolour by New Zealander Frances Hodgkins (1932).
Le Moulin de Poulfenc a Riec
- Oil on canvas by French Lucien Pissarro (1910).
Oiseaux et Lotus
- Colour lithograph by French Georges Braque (1962).
- Oil on canvas by New Zealander Frances Hodgkins (1924).
Port de Saint Tropez
- Watercolour over pencil by French Paul Signac (c.1982).
Tunny Boats, Concarneau
- Watercolour by New Zealander Frances Hodgkins (c.1911).
- Watercolour on paper by New Zealander Frances Hodgkins (c.1911)
The Nile At Maadi, Near Cairo
- Watercolour and pencil by New Zealander Rhona Haszard (1928)
Old Woman, Caudebec
- Watercolour and goauche on paper by New Zealander Frances Hodgkins (1901).
Woman Sitting By A Window Sewing
- Oil on panel by Italian Silvestro Lega (1872).
Breton Woman And Child
- Gouache on cardboard by New Zealander Frances Hodgkins (1923).
Virgin And Child
- Colour lithograph by British Vanessa Bell (1951).
Shown above are paintings from the "Parallel Play" section of the gallery, to see artwork from other sections on title below:
- Dunedin Public Art Gallery.
DUNEDIN PUBLIC ART GALLERY
30 The Octagon, Dunedin, 9016, New Zealand. Tel.:+64 3-474 3240
Hours: Daily 10:00am to 5:00pm (closed on Christmas Day)
Website: http://dunedin.art.museum/ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DunedinArtGallery
Related Blogs :
You may also like :
|Gallery - Street Art of Gopeng, Perak : July 2014 |
The street art culture is spreading and is now budding in Gopeng.
|Gallery - KevinTheBigCity Tattoos, Kuala Lumpur : July 2014|
A look at a young man's simple but meaningful tattoos.
|Malaysia - Street Art of Ipoh, Perak : May 2014 |
Street art is slowing but surely blooming in Ipoh.
|Sizzling Pork Satay @ Kong Heng Restaurant|