Footsteps - Jotaro's Travels
NZ Dundein Art Gallery: Grounded
Dunedin, South Island, New Zealand - November 2014
|Merville Garden Village (near Belfast)|
- Oil on canvas by English Stanley Spencer (1951).
These are photos from the Dunedin Public Art Gallery which I visited during a cycling trip down to New Zealand (see Cycling New Zealand 2014 blog). The artwork here are from the "Grounded" section.The photos are put here for your viewing enjoyment, but as I have always mentioned, photos of artwork does not do them justice. Go to the gallery itself to get an actual "feel" of the painting - it's colours, size and texture may be lost in photos.
Rocky Landscape With Figures
- Oil on canvas by Italian Salvator Rosa (17th Century).
Before The Peace
- Oil on canvas by British George Watts (1863).
The Wreath Bearer
- Watercolour by British Cecile Walton (20th Century).
- Oil on canvas by French Claude Monet (1880)
- Oil on canvas by British William McTaggart (c.1890s).
The Turn In The Road
- Oil on canvas by English Henry La Thangue (20th Century).
- Watercolour on paper by New Zealander Rita Angus (1939).
Somewhere Up Country
- Oil on canvas by New Zealander William Sutton (1944).
- Wood engraving on rice paper by New Zealander E. Mervyn Taylor (1949).
A Waterfall In The Otira Gorge
- Oil on canvas by Dutch Petrus Van Der Velden (1891).
Shown above are paintings from the "Grounded" section of the gallery, to see artwork from other sections on title below:
- Dunedin Public Art Gallery.
DUNEDIN PUBLIC ART GALLERY
30 The Octagon, Dunedin, 9016, New Zealand. Tel.:+64 3-474 3240
Hours: Daily 10:00am to 5:00pm (closed on Christmas Day)
Website: http://dunedin.art.museum/ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DunedinArtGallery
Related Blogs :
You may also like :
|Gallery - Street Art of Gopeng, Perak : July 2014 |
The street art culture is spreading and is now budding in Gopeng.
|Gallery - KevinTheBigCity Tattoos, Kuala Lumpur : July 2014|
A look at a young man's simple but meaningful tattoos.
|Malaysia - Street Art of Ipoh, Perak : May 2014 |
Street art is slowing but surely blooming in Ipoh.
|Sizzling Pork Satay @ Kong Heng Restaurant|